"parachute", 1793, interdates OED3 1784--1796; "falling screen" not in OED

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 10 16:04:31 UTC 2013

I can't find the precise words but unless I'm crazy, a twentieth-century
author of the existentialist-absurdist school (if there is one) once
insisted that "Obedience to the law of gravity is the greatest crime of
all."

If I'm wrong, then I must be that author, and I want acknowledgment in YBQ.

JL