Heard: "dog pound" > "dog pond"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 2 15:48:50 UTC 2014

As I may have mentioned many years ago, I first heard and experienced
"saluggi" in Manhattan in 1959. That was in the seventh grade.

It was a "game" only for the sneering inciters, rather like bear-baiting in
that regard.  In extreme saluggi, the stolen hat could be thrown out of a
window or into traffic.

I suspect that league-leading saluggiers wind up doing jail time in later
life.

At least I certainly hope so.

JL