"War is God's way...."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 19 01:00:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> "Death is God's way of telling you to slow down."

This was itself a pun on a once well-known advertising slogan that went
something like,

"Pain is nature's way of telling you to slow down."

A casual Googling has failed to locate any such. Sadly, I continue to
believe in the reality of the memory.

The Saturday Review - Volume 50, Part 1 - Page 12
books.google.com/books?id=vNoeAQAAMAAJ
1967
... Newley found the graffito which became the title Stop the World - I
Want to Get Off. Mockridge's own favorites: Death is nature's way of
telling you to slow down, and Will you really feel more SECURE WITH GEORGE
HAMILTON IN UNIFORM?

-----
-Mark Twain