[Ads-l] "daisy" old or British for "doozy"?

Paul A Johnston, Jr paul.johnston at WMICH.EDU
Tue Mar 8 15:33:41 UTC 2016

Add to the controversy that the old Brooklyn Dodger pitcher Dazzy Vance was named that because he used the term "That's a dazzy" (=daisy, supposedly through his accent, though i don't see how an Iowan would say that), referring to an extra-good play.  "Doozy" can certainly be used like that.