[Ads-l] Victoria Quote About Gladstone

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Nov 1 17:05:33 UTC 2016

> Wikiquote attributes the well known quotation by Queen Victoria (about William E. Gladstone), "He speaks to me as if I was a public
> meeting." to the following:
>

> "Memorandum to her private secretary Gen. Sir Henry Ponsonby (1874-11-18)"
>

> Can anyone help me to locate a reliable source for this memorandum?

"John Gielgud, says Welles, “used to play Shakespeare as though he were dictating it to his secretary.” "

From _My Lunches with Orson_ by Henry Jaglom and Orson Welles.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/18/go-f-k-yourself-the-real-orson-welles.html