[Ads-l] purman

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 1 22:07:34 UTC 2016

The news is alit with the word “purman” today as seen in a Daily Mail article (http://dailym.ai/2f7w30w, "Transgender Muslim woman is hacked to death in Russia days after marrying a man following her father's TV plea: 'Bring him here and kill him in front of my eyes’” by Will Stewart).

The word is not in Wiktionary or Wikipedia, and I have been unable to locate the word in Russian. The murdered person is ethnically Chechen from Dagestan, which has some 30 languages spoken (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagestan#Languages).

It is some sort of permission or request.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA