[Ads-l] Every fool is not a poet =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=French translation request

Tim Stewart timoteostewart1977 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 2 20:25:56 UTC 2016

Introductory phrase:

It is said about the poet Theophilus
that he was once at the house of a great lord
where there was a man who was said to be a fool,
and thus a poet.
And Theophilus devised this impromptu verse.

Here's a rather free translation of the quatrain:

Let me tell you:
All poets are fools.
But having met you, I have to add:
Not all fools are poets.

Here's a stricter translation of the quatrain:

I avow to you
That all poets are fools;
But having to come to know you,
Not all fools are poets.

Tim "high school French plus Google" Stewart

Read excerpts from the forthcoming *Dictionary of Christianese
<http://www.dictionaryofchristianese.com/>*

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com