[Ads-l] Request details of citation in Boston Daily Journal in 1865

Tue Aug 15 02:25:00 UTC 2017

EAN/AHN, series 5, has a file of the Boston Daily Journal beginning with
1866 (vol. XXXIII).

GAT

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Garson, the version of _Early American Newspapers_ held by the UT Libraries
> appears to include only Series 1, 2, and 3.
>
> No Boston Journal.
>
> JL
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:29 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <
> adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > JL: Thank you very much for renewing your password and accessing the
> > database. It's disappointing that the database holdings were so small
> > for the Boston Daily Journal. I will let Dennis Lien know that the
> > thoughtful lead he shared did not quite work out.
> >
> > Dennis also pointed to another database. I wonder if Readex has
> > expanded since the description was written.
> >
> > [Begin excerpt]
> > The BOSTON JOURNAL is also available as part of Series 5 of the Readex
> > project EARLY AMERICAN NEWSPAPERS, but unfortunately the holdings
> > there start with January 1, 1866, so too late for your citation
> >
> > http://www.readex.com/content/early-american-newspapers-series
> > http://titlelist.readex.com/source/servlet/index.html?
> > operation=Early%20American%20Newspapers
> >
> > Early American Newspapers, Series 5, 1777-1922: An Emerging World Power
> > Late 19th- and Early 20th-Century Newspapers
> > [End excerpt]
> >
> > Garson
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Jonathan Lighter
> > <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Garson, the database American History 1493-1945 appears to have only a
> > > single issue of the Boston [Daily] Journal. Very unfortunately, it's
> the
> > > issue for Wednesday. May 11, 1864.
> > >
> > > A search shows nothing resembling the needed passage.
> > >
> > > JL
> > >
> > > On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Jonathan Lighter <
> > wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>

> E.
> > K.

> > was
> until
> call
> > E.
> > reporter
> > his
> > search
> > did not
> politician?

George A. Thompson
The Guy Who Still Looks Stuff Up in Books.
Univ. Pr., 1998.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- affectionately (of course) also known as The Dunghill
Toadstool.  (Here's a picture of one.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851