[Ads-l] "War is months of boredom..."

Sun Dec 27 10:01:41 UTC 2020

In August 1910 the same newspaper, The Westminster Gazette, printed a
piece by the same pseudonymous author, Civis, that contained a close
variant statement.

Date: August 16, 1910
Newspaper: The Westminster Gazette
Newspaper Location: London, England
Article: The Territorial Trainings, 1910
Author: Civis
Start Page 1, Quote Page 2, Column 1
Database: British Newspaper Archive

[Begin excerpt]
"Months of monotonous fatigue, punctuated by moments of agonising
fear"--that is War, and the sooner the Territorial learns that
fundamental truth the better.
[End excerpt]

In the previous message presenting the 1909 citation, I incorrectly
listed two databases. The citation is in the British Newspaper Archive
and not in Newspapers.com

Garson O'Toole