[Ads-l] Definition of "Rookie" (Sports)

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 12 00:43:24 UTC 2022

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/rules/rookie-eligibility

A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the
following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons):

• 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues.
• 45 total days on an active Major League roster during the Championship
Season (excluding time on the Injured List).