[Ads-l] Preliminary Appeal for Notable Quotations of 2022

Tue Sep 27 16:10:00 UTC 2022

Posted by: Guardian News
Video clip: Watch the uncensored moment Will Smith smacks Chris Rock
on stage at the Oscars, drops F-bomb
Date: March 27, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjEoDypUD8

[Begin dialog excerpt]
Chris Rock: On wow. Wow. Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me.
Will Smith: Keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth.
Chris Rock: Wow dude.  It was a GI Jane joke.
[End dialog excerpt]

If you select a quotation from Vladimir Putin it might be helpful to
include the  original statement in Russian together with some
rendition in English.

Article: Address by the President of the Russian Federation
Date: September 21, 2020
http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/69390

[Begin excerpt]
In the event of a threat to the territorial integrity of our country
and to defend Russia and our people, we will certainly make use of all
weapon systems available to us. This is not a bluff.
[End excerpt]

Website: AP News
Article: Putin likens opponents to ‘gnats,’ signaling new repression
Date: March 18, 2022
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-business-europe-5a9f43e0e5e4da1200a440d667d6db91

[Begin excerpt]
“The Russian people will always be able to distinguish true patriots
from scum and traitors and will simply spit them out like a gnat that
accidentally flew into their mouths — spit them out on the pavement,”
Putin said during Wednesday’s call with top officials.
“I am convinced that such a natural and necessary self-purification of
society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity, cohesion and
readiness to respond to any challenges.”
[End excerpt]