[Ads-l] Dialog: "How do you go about having good ideas?" "You have a lot of ideas and throw away the bad ones"

Fri Mar 24 19:42:02 UTC 2023

Thanks for your response, LH.
The Lewis Carroll quotation is genuine. It appeared in a letter he
wrote in 1879. The letter was reprinted in a collection published by
Lewis Carroll’s nephew in 1898.

Year: 1898
Book Title: The Life and Letters of Lewis Carroll (Rev. C.L. Dodgson)
Author / Editor: Stuart Dodgson Collingwood
Letter From: Charles L. Dodgson
Letter To: Kathleen Eschwege
Letter Date: October 24, 1879
Start Page 413, Quote Page 416
Publisher: T. Fisher Unwin, London, England
Database: Google Books Full View

https://books.google.com/books?id=BHI1AQAAMAAJ&q=%22am+fond%22#v=snippet&q=%22am%20fond%22&f=false

[Begin excerpt]
Well, so I hope I may now count you as one of my child-friends. I am
fond of children (except boys), and have more child-friends than I
could possibly count on my fingers, even if I were a centipede (by the
way, have they fingers? I'm afraid they're only feet, but, of course,
they use them for the same purpose, and that is why no other insects,
except centipedes, ever succeed in doing Long Multiplication) . . .
[End excerpt]

Garson