"Kamloops Wawa"

Mon Aug 17 16:29:25 UTC 1998

Hi List,

My name is Tina Bruce and I am "Eskimo".  I am in search of my roots and
geneaology, and hampered by a very close mouthed family whom I converse =
with
very little.  I want to find out a little more about my heritage, learn =
the
proper language, and what tribe I may actually belong to.  I can provide
answers if given the proper questions to ask my Grandmother, who I =
beleive
was born in the northern or western coastal area.  Thanks for any help or
guidance anyone can give.

Tina

David Robertson wrote:

> LhaXayem kupa kanawi,
>
> For a task I've taken on, may I ask if any others on this list can read
> Duployan shorthand?  (The writing system used by Father Le Jeune for =
his
> "Kamloops Wawa" newssheet about a hundred years ago.)  Would you be
> willing to help?
>
> I'll tell you more details, if you want to send me a message.
>
> Nayga hayash mash masi,
>
> Dave
>
>                     UPCOMING EVENT
> Thursday August 20, 1998:  Hear Coeur d'Alene tribe storyteller =
Lawrence