Jargon As Pidgin

coyotez at oregon.uoregon.edu coyotez at oregon.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 4 21:03:50 UTC 1998

I personnally would rather think of Jargon not as a pidgin but as a
language. I tend to be critical of the linguists definitions of Indian
languages. I think we should not accept their definitions, because they
are supposed to study our cultures not define our cultures to the point
where we accept their
definitions.   Any other POV?

"laska-lulu yaka kanamaqst" (we carry it together)

 "I am alive." Scott Momaday=20

"We must continue to struggle until we defeat those who have crowned
themselves, those who have helped to take the land from others, those who
make much money with the labor of people like us, those who mock us in
their estates."=20
>>From the:Fourth Declaration of the Lancandon Jungle, 1/1/96.

"haias-masi" (many thanks)

David Lewis