Russian Federal Archives

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Tue Feb 2 08:15:45 UTC 1999

At 12:01 AM 2/2/99 -0800, David Lewis wrote:
>listmembers- I have done a little research and these cut & paste items
>turned up. There is also a book with info on all of the archives of Russia.

The whole thing looks like a treasure trove; I think we're most likely to
find the Russian America Company stuff in the Central State Archives, by
the look of the descriptions given.  I don't know enough Alaskan history to
know if the Russian Navy ever had a presence in Alaska - but I don't think
so; ships were the possessions and under the administration of the RAC, so
far as I know.  Still, they list scientific expeditions, which hopefully
there may have been some of.......the Russian Far East archives maybe
extend into Alaska.  I guess I'll start searching......

Thanks David!