malaria

David Gene Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Feb 5 21:49:58 UTC 1999

Is it possible that through cyclical climactic changes that there have
been times in the past in the Willamette Valley  which have been ideal for
malarial mosquitos to
flourish?

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Nadja Adolf wrote:

> I keep thinking the mosquito was something that sounded like
> a "vivax" mosquito.
>
> We could solve this question in a hurry with a call to the
> Oregon State Health Department.
>
> Back when I worked for them as a lowly gonorrhea clerk the
> older epidemiologists talked quite a bit about the "last malaria
> outbreak" in the Willamette Valley. It was apparently a matter of
> some pride that it was quickly contained.

"laska-lulu yaka kanamaqst" (we carry it together)

 "I am alive." Scott Momaday

"We must continue to struggle until we defeat those who have crowned
themselves, those who have helped to take the land from others, those who
make much money with the labor of people like us, those who mock us in
their estates."
>From the:Fourth Declaration of the Lancandon Jungle, 1/1/96.

"haias-masi" (many thanks)

David Lewis