Keeping things tidy on this list!

Fri Feb 5 23:47:15 UTC 1999

Howdy,

"A tidy desk is a sign of a sick mind," as you've heard.  But I would like
to make a small suggestion.

If you'll keep the SUBJECT line of your messages up-to-date with what
you're actually writing in your messages, it'll make it easier for the
rest of the list members to find and respond to what you have to say.  It
will also make it much much easier to search our on-line archives on the
Web 2.5 years in the future, when you've just *got* to go back and see
what was said about Bella Coola, malaria, or "mush".

Also, if you  please, deleting material from stuff you're responding to --
It's a very good thing to do.  What I'm referring to is the stuff that's 3
screens long and has already been responded to (thus put into quotation
marks within quotation marks) 5 times!  Again, this just makes it easier
to read and respond to.

In summary:
	*Try cutting out all material that you're not specifically
	 responding to!
	*Try writing a subject line that tells us what you're talking
	 about!
	*Try translating this:  Hayash masi!  Lush siXs mayka!  :-)

Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html