Grand Ronde spellings

Linda Fink linda at FINK.COM
Tue Jan 5 16:34:46 UTC 1999

Is Linda meaning the Grande Ronde variant Dave's been using, or the older
lexicon-based spellings some of us have found more comfortable?

Klahowya,

I learned Jargon (or started learning -- I've a long way to go!) from Eula
Petite and her sisters here in Grand Ronde. Eula used her own spellings and
that's what I'm familiar with. Examples: hloosh = good; miga = you; niga =
I. I have to read aloud what you folks write on the screen to figure out
what you're saying. Could someone identify where the various spellings come
from? Mahsie, Linda Fink