salishan (fwd)

Sun Jan 24 01:40:02 UTC 1999

Klahowya, konaway-klaksta,

Keekwullie ikt piah-tzum kopa ikt man yaka chee chako kopa nesika "house".

Klaksta tikegh mamook elahan?

Hyas mahsie!

Dave

(Translation:  Below is an email from a new member of our group.  Anyone
want to help?  Thanks very much!)

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 05:57:53 +0500
From: Khabirov Valeri <khabir at etel.ru>
To: David Robertson <drobert at tincan.tincan.org>
Subject: salishan

Dear David,
Thank you for the invitation to put me on the list of subscribers. Your work
is very interesting. I would like to join. I am the Chair of English
Philology and Comparative Linguistics of the Urals Pedagogical University,
Ekaterinburg, Russia. We have recently been organized and if it is possible
to receive from you any material on general linguistics (articles, books,
etc) and on pidgins and creoles or you know the way how to get the material
(unfortunately with the situation in this country we have no funding) we
shall appreciate this. I am a linguist and have been studying creolized
languages sango, lingala, monokutuba of  Central Africa for many years. I am
also interested in all creole languages (tok-pisin, krio, kriul, etc) and
the contact with you is valuable for me. Thank you.
Valeri Khabirov