uk Mike ya piltEn tEmtEm

Sun Sep 5 04:36:58 UTC 1999

LaXayEm!

tL!unEs uk Mike ya tEmtEm Lush.  nawitka nayka tEmtEm, dreht Lush pus
nEsayka wawa khanamakwst manak!i khapa ChInuk.

bEt wEXt na tEmtEm wik Lush pus tIlxam Las mash ukuk CHINOOK lu7lu.

alta yEkwa kanawi nEsayka wawa khapa ukuk tIlxam Las kEmtEks dreht hayu
ukuk lalang...

...pi dreht ayaq, Laska wawa nEsayka kanawi Ikta nEsayka tIki kEmtEks.

khapa ixt Xluwima lu7lu, alaxti wik Laska mILayt khapa', pi alta wik
nEsayka chaku kEmtEks Ikta Laska kEmtEks.

Howdy!

Maybe Mike's idea is a good one.  I certainly feel that it's a good thing
for us to talk more in Chinook.

But I also think it wouldn't be good if people were to leave the CHINOOK
list!

Right now, here on the list we can talk with the people who know a great
deal about the Jargon...

...and they very quickly tell us what we want to know.

On a separate list, perhaps those people wouldn't be participating, and
then we wouldn't be able to learn from them.

Lush pulakli,
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html