Eulachons (don't read if you're offended by jokes about God)

Mike Cleven mike_cleven at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 2 07:59:09 UTC 2000

>From: David Robertson <drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG>
>
>LhaXayEm,
>
>I had a wonderful facetious response composed, and some mysterious agency
>caused my computer to shut down and lose the entire message!  <+>
>
>It boiled down (get it?) to the following connections being drawn:
>
>			eulachon
>			|      |
>			|      |
>			|      |
>		salvation      hooligan
>		|                     |
>		lEkalisti      tamanous
>			|      |
>			|      |
>			|      |
>			|      |
>			|      |
>			Sisi Kli
>
>BTW, I reckon you could carry 5,000 eulachons around pretty easily, just
>in case you ran into some hungry people.  Doesn't the Church of Jesus
>Christ of Latter-Day Saints say that he was in these parts?  There is no
>evidence that he preached in ChInuk, however.

Think you mean "He"; and the idea that Chinook is 2000 or so years old is
interesting in itself.

Legend from the valley I'm from, quoted before: "a long time ago someone
came through the valley who was so good, people said he was God".  Mind you,
that could have been Gautama Buddha, too....

PS pity the Mormons didn't beat the Oblates to the valley, in a way....