lhaksta kEmtEks? 02/12/00 (#3)

peter webster peterweb at TELEPORT.COM
Sun Feb 13 02:52:58 UTC 2000

Klahowya, Dave! Klush nayka!--actually some sunshine here.

"Nouvelle cuisine" indeed! Some of the old grandmas around here will be
asking if you have a dog, um? Munk lakamin avec kamuks! Seems to me Lewis &
Cluck reported that also to be a local pìece de résistance (their journals
for the period at Ft Clatsop have some great endorsements of kamuks). Maybe
even with salal berries...?

At 12:33 PM -0800 2/12/99, David Robertson wrote:
>LhaXayEm, qhata mayka, Peter?
>
>Lhush may wawa.
>
>#3 was a trick question; nay cipi mayka?
>
>I never heard of "soup" being made with "soup olallie"!  Just Indian ice
>cream.  But there are fruit soups, or so the nouvelle cuisine has it...and
>the Siouxp.  :-)
>
>Dave
>

> *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
>		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
>	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
>	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

peter