<klas>, Fr. Chirouse: More juicy stuff from _Kamlups Wawa_

Jim Holton jim at ADISOFT-INC.COM
Sat Feb 19 00:56:19 UTC 2000

Dave, I looked up _sho_ in Johnson's book and I found out that there is one
dictionary with the word.  It is the 1909 version of John Gill's dictionary.
He has a word _shoo_ meaning "old."  Maybe 4 old men were along?
Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that version of Gill's, my photo copy is
of an early version.  Another Idea is it might be a truncation of the word for
"rattle," LeJuene's _shoh_.  Anyhow, that's my two cents. Jim

--

Visit http://www.adisoft-inc.com/chinookbook/wawa.html to preview:

  Chinook Jargon - The Hidden Language of the Pacific Northwest

                                  ####