Law Kopa TsilTsil House - WAKE!!

tyee samadlin skookum_burdash at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 22 06:28:29 UTC 2000

Well, as it's turned out that Dave Robertson took it
upon himself to immediately 'expel' my (Gov.) James
Douglas ID after unilaterally revoking my original IDs
(ironmtn at bigfoot.com and mike_cleven at hotmail.com) I'm
forced to sign up again under a new name - just so I
can tell Dave off and appeal AGAIN to the members of
the group.  If there _are_ people who have something
to criticize me about, then do it publicly and NAME
YOURSELVES.

So far I've received support from Dave Lewis, Scott
Tyler, Brett Rushforth, Lisa Peppan, Theresa
Pash/Kishkan, Jon Burpee, Terry Glavin and Jim Holton;
I think I've missed a few and of course I haven't been
able to read the actual list because Dave's gone and
excluded me from it (convenient, huh?).  Some of these
"reinstate him" posts and private emails were
noncommittal about what I may or may not have
said/done but even those did not feel it right that I
was summarily ejected from the list without any
discussion or without, indeed, a policy in place that
would mandate such an action.

I can't do a listmeeting by a messenger service
because of the 9-hour time difference to where I am;
I'm back after the 3rd of March and will take a few
days to come up for air after jetlag.  I don't think
it should have to wait this long.  If a listmeeting is
needed for anything, it's not to reinstate me but
rather the opposite; to decide if anything I've posted
warrants expulsion, which I don't think it does nor,
apparently, does anyone else who's actually got the
jam to talk about the situation publicly.

Where are those who requested I be banned?  Where are
their names?  Are there more of them than the eight or
so who've spoken out publicly in support of me?

Dave Robertson has not communicated to me directly,
nor has he met the challenge to his authority I made
under the James Douglas name with anything but another
unilateral act of censorship.  IMHO it's no accident
that "weak-minded" - "wake skookum tumtum" - also
means "cowardly".  What's up, Dave?  You were pretty
brave when you pulled the trigger, what's with your
silence since?  Maybe it's because you don't have
anything valid to say except to repeat the prejudicial
judgements you came out with last time; but "judge not
lest ye be judged".  Others have asked me to ignore
this silliness and that they expect I'll be reinstated
to the list; yet you haven't replied to THEM or to ME.
 I'll hold my tongue for now rather than launch a
bluestreak in CJ as well as in English over this, but
by the next time I log in I'm expecting to see an
APOLOGY and a notice of reinstatement for my
ironmtn at bigfoot.com and mike_cleven at hotmail.com
accounts (I need the latter to write posts from when
I'm away from home).

What's next on the menu is the foundation of a
newsgroup that can't be censored by church ladies and
war councils: alt.chinook.jargon.  Indications in
email are that at least some people will join me in my
exile if it continues; whether or not the NG works out
or not only time will tell.  What I know about CHINOOK
is that if it remains under the control of
narrow-minded people then it's not long for this
e-world.  A people who censor their own history will
soon have none at all.

Again, I challenge this decision and demand an
accounting and an apology, plus some respect for those
in the group who've actually dared to use their names
instead of whispering and condemning me in the
shadow-world.  I also formally challenge Dave R.'s
control of the list, since this is the only major
management decision he's made concerning it and IMHO
it's way off-base and far beyond the bounds of his
mandate.

Sincerely

Mike Cleven
http://members.home.net/skookum/ (the _other_ Jargon
webspace)

PS Dave => if you cancel this membership as well, I'll
just sign up under another, and another, and another.
Each time you "expel" me without consulting the group
properly is just another stroke against you.

PPS what's Jargon for "jackboot"?