Chxi "quiz": kwanEsEm qha kikwEli qha! :-)

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Fri Jan 7 08:32:59 UTC 2000

David Robertson wrote:

> Khaltash pus hihi:
>
> Ikta ukuk khapa BastEn Wawa?...
>
> 1)  "KwanEsEm qha kikwEli qha"/"Kwanisum kah keekwullie kah"

?? Keep your head down?

> 2)  "Ixt lhush man mIlhayt khEl khapa tl'ap"/"Ikt kloshe man mitlite kull
>         kopa klap"

A good man is hard to find.  Elip kloshe - ikt kull man mitlite kloshe kopa
klap.  But should "kopa" be used prepositionally here?  Wouldn't syntax of
this expression be more like "ikt kloshe man - yaka kull [kopa] klap" rather
than using mitlite as we would English 'is'?

> 3)  If every angel has a "halo", how many of them can fit on the head of
>         a pin?  :-)

> An infinite number, except that if they're made of nothing, they _are_
> nothing, then you can't put them anywhere because they're nowhere to start
> with....

> 4)  If scientists can "clone" people, doesn't that mean I'd have twin
>         brothers?  :-)

Maika klone?  You're a clone?