school project on Chinook people

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Wed Nov 15 06:28:01 UTC 2000

> Gary Grate wrote:
>
> My daughter has to make a project for school on Chinook Indians,she
> choose making a house they might have lived in during the 1800's.
> Could you tell me what it might have been or looked like. Any
> information would be appreciated.

Best to cc. this reply to the CHINOOK listserve community, where there
are some bona fide Chinooks who I am sure would be glad to help.  From
what I know the Chinook people, like other Northwest Coast nations,
built longhouses, but I am not familiar with any specifics of their
design or construction, which I am sure one of the listserve members
will be able to point you in the right direction on.

Regards

Mike Cleven