Chinook Housing

jana cooley jlcool55 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 15 18:12:46 UTC 2000

Klahowyah,
     I am not sure if this will be particularly helpful but I have just
finished reading "Naked Against The Rain", by Rick Rubin.  There is alot of
reference to various Chinook dwellings in this publication.  There were many
housing variations accomodating the seasons, locations and population.  I
was able to receive this through inter branch lending from my local Public
Library in Clackamas County.  It was facinating reading, though I would
caution parents to screen the material before allowing children to.  At any
rate I thought this may be of interest to Gary if he is helping his daughter
with her school project.  We made longhouses and a village 2 years ago and
it became quite a challenge, however my son did take first place in his
school but only after extensive research to make the reproduction as
realistic as possible.   Jana Cooley