Practice texts, cont.

Jim Holton jim at ADISOFT-INC.COM
Sat Nov 18 05:22:59 UTC 2000

Dave Robertson wrote:

> Aa, lhush san, Henli,
>
> Jim, do I remember correctly that you may have several other little
> discoveries like this letter tucked away in your files?  (Pus mayka munk
> k'ilapay-wawa, ma lhush ma munk yaka khapa Chinuk!)

      I'll look into the files.  There are a couple from the "revivalist" and an
obscure quote or two.  I think that we past out a story at the last lulu from
Carmichael that was somewhat interesting.

> Everyone, I look forward to seeing suggested translations of the quotation
> Henry sent in:
>
> > "Hiyu siwash, ankate, copa conaway illahee, caqua tipso; pe alta wake >
> siya halo; wake lele conaway siwash mimeloose."

I'll take a stab for:

There were many Indians before.  They were all over the land, like the grass.
But now, soon, all the Indians will be gone.

Klahauyem, Jim