CHINOOK Digest - 23 Aug 2003 to 24 Aug 2003 (#2003-63)

David D. Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Aug 25 18:28:00 UTC 2003

Wow, last I heard, you'd quit CHINOOK in high dudgeon, Nadja.

I'm happy to hear you now.

About the Yahoo group, somehow I don't remember anyone submitting messages
about it to CHINOOK.  I do have memories of this or that party writing
flames that happened also to include threats to leave this list and launch
another one.

(None of them, as I remember, included the new list's email address.  I
also recall having searched a number of times in Google for the Yahoo
group you mention, since I was fairly interested in it.  I had no success.
You are making me realize it might be a good idea to keep a file of all
rejected postings to CHINOOK; among all the penis-enlargement and Nigerian
bank-account spam I could find the few Jargon-related rejectees.)

It's my longstanding policy as moderator not to approve flames.  My shame
is that this hasn't always been my policy, so that in the early days of
this list a number of negatives got posted on CHINOOK.