Orthography, standardization, and interpretation of unwritten components

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Mon Aug 25 22:24:59 UTC 2003

At 10:18 AM 8/25/2003, phil cash cash wrote:

>>(For example: I am stumped by Phil's reference to "Pushtins";  Is there
>>another way of spelling it?)
>
>páshtEn 'white peron, boston, etc.'
>
>this is the manner of expression i heard growing up.
>
>Phil

Thanks, Phil. When I hit Google looking for "Pushtins" and "tribe," I only
got back some people who live somewhere around Turkey.

Another interesting variation in pronunciation. We really have to work our
"mind's ear" in reading these posts, don't we?

J.