Chinook Jargon and environmental hazards

Scott E Tyler s.tylermd at COMCAST.NET
Sat Jun 26 17:00:09 UTC 2004

Nice question.
Seems like forest fire might be expressed several ways:

    hiyu stik yaka miLayt skookum paya
    OR
    skookum paya okok hiyu stik
    OR
    hayas paya koopa hiyu stik
    OR
    skookum paya koopa hiyu stik

Another interesting term could be 'fire season'
    paya illahee

Another one for wild fire:
    mesachi paya
    OR