Bibliographic sources on Chinuk Wawa

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun Oct 10 17:00:20 UTC 2004

Thanks to Coyote Press, whose website relates CJ items they sell to a
couple of bibliographic authorities, I've discovered White's "Pac NW
Americana" and Soliday & Decker's similar volume.  These list numerous
publications in and about the language.  Although they don't get into the
details of Kamloops Wawa, these two record the existence of the play about
Joseph and his brothers that I excerpted recently.  I'd never seen it
mentioned in library databases like WorldCat, WLN and so on.  (It would be
nice to be able to check in OCLC but I suspect their listings of Chinook
Jargon publications aren't much different from WorldCat's.)

--Dave R