"Spuzzum" by Laforet & York: An excerpt

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun Oct 10 19:33:46 UTC 2004

About the message below, let me add the suggestion that "holaporte" could
be just Chinook Jargon, /hal lapo(r)t "pull the door [open]" or /hol lapo(r)
t/, "hold the door [open]".  --  Dave R, who was searching our nice online
archives for BC pidgin English and who still marvels at the creativity of
people who'd learned Chinook and English as adults

Quite some time ago (On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:27:00 +0900), janilta