Writing in Chinuk Wawa

Isaac M. Davis isaacmacdonalddavis at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 30 02:47:27 UTC 2005

That's very interesting, Francisc. I myself have only translated one piece
of text; there was a post in a linguistics-related forum, asking how one
would, in indigenous North American languages, say, "If you're going to live
here, learn the language."

My (admittedly inexpert) translation:

Msaika mitlait yakwa, klosh pus msaika chaku kêmtêks nsaika lalang.

(I use Jim Holton's orthography; I don't have any teaching materials for
learning the Grand Ronde one, and his makes more sense to me than the older,
anglicised orthographies.)

Klahawya,

Isaac M. Davis

--