Writing in Chinuk Wawa

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 29 16:05:28 UTC 2005

  LaXawya khanawi Laksta !

  I like very much to write in Chinuk Wawa. Because I’ m not gifted to compose myself texts with literary value, I try my hand by translating texts into CW.
  I have already translated into CW a Romanian folk tale (“The purse with two coins”), a Chinookan myth (“The Transformers”) and the first eight verses of the Buddhist poem “Dhammapada”. I have posted all of them to the defunct Chinook-Wawa Yahoo Group (if there’s somebody interested, I can mail them privately or to this list).
  Now I make another attempt: to translate into CW a Moroccan Arabic folk tale, called “Djoha is watching the door” (Djoha is a character in the Arabic folklore, sometimes trickster, sometimes dupe, very similar to the Dutch-German Till Eulenspiegel or to the Persian-Turkic Nasreddin Hodjah, known also as Mullah Nasruddin). It is quite amusing, maybe you will like it.

  aLki wEXt,
  Francisc

 Yahoo! Personals