Big money prize for creating Chinook shorthand font?

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Jul 26 23:05:58 UTC 2006

naika tlus siks, naika tiki wawa kopa msaika

I need your input.

Would there be genuine interest among those who are technically qualified
to create a Chinook shorthand font, if a big money prize were offered?

I have the feeling that this job is doable.

I know it would be a big benefit to the community...making it possible to
publish the huge amounts of Chinook shorthand (which make up 50%-75% of all
known Jargon, I estimate)...

I'm guessing it's just too much work for someone to do as a little spare-
time project.  (I've approached a number of people and organizations, and
none of them could donate their time.)

So, if someone offered money for the first successful Chinook shorthand
font, do you think the potential creators would go for it?

If this seems like a reasonable idea, I might be interested in beginning a
fundraising campaign soon.

Thanks for your feedback.

klahawiam.  naika nim:

Dave R