Saboba story

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Mar 13 19:11:30 UTC 2006

George Wharton James presents a story from the Saboba people of southern
California at http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/ca/som/som00.htm.

(Thanks to Roy Mitchell for mentioning Sacred Texts to me.)

The Saboba story talks about a "god" or myth person named Siwash.  GW James
says this is probably the same as the CJ Siwash.

I doubt it!  Probably a coincidental spelling.  We have no knowledge of
Jargon being used in southern CA.

--Dave R