Today's reading

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Oct 16 21:34:42 UTC 2006

>From an 1892 letter from the Williams Lake area:

"Naika shako tanas kamtaks Shinuk pipa, kakwa naika tiki pus kwansim maika
mash kapa naika maika aias tlus pipa, iaka nim Kamlups Wawa, pi naika mamuk
mitlait iht tala kopa ukuk pipa."

"I've learned to read shorthand a bit, so I want you to keep sending me
your wonderful newspaper called Kamloops Wawa, and I'm enclosing a dollar
for the paper."

Any questions?  I'm in a hurry so I'm not breaking this down word by word
just now.

--Dave R