Corpora: machine-readable dictionaries

Greg Kondrak kondrak at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:55:43 UTC 2000

Dear Corpora Readers,

I am looking for machine-readable bilingual dictionaries,
in which the word explanations are in English (for example,
Spanish-English or Romanian-English). I am not looking for
on-line dictionaries, where one can type a word and obtain a
translation, but for dictionaries that can be downloaded in
their entirety. I need them for research purposes only.

(The Internet Dictionary Project contains several dictionary
files in a required format. However, they are from English
into other languages.)

If there is interest, I'll provide a summary of responses.

Greg Kondrak