Corpora: in search of concordancer software

Linda Bailey lcb29 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:38:31 UTC 2000

Dear corpus readers,

I am a graduate student at the University of Montana, working on a master's
degree in Spanish. I am interested in creating a corpus that can be used as
a learning tool, based on the Beginning Spanish telenovela program,
Destinos.
My idea is to enter the scripts from the Destinos shows, and develop
activities based on lexical topics. The students would have to refer to the
corpus to investigate.
I am looking for a suitable concordancer program that isn't too expensive
and is easy for students to use.
Please send me your opinions about the available software. Also, are there
any good sources for reviews of concordancer software?

Thank you in advance for your input,

Linda Bailey