[Corpora-List] 19th century electronic corpora

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 11:58:37 UTC 2002

I don't know of an historical corpus covering this period, but we do have in
the Oxford Text Archive many electronic texts in English from this period .
You can take a look at the website at http://ota.ahds.ac.uk and browse the
catalogue to find relevant texts. You'll need to select 'Browse' from the
menu on the left hand side of the page, then search by author, and you can
manually identify the authors which interest you.

Other corpora people may also be interested to know that you can just type
'corpus' in the Quick Search window to get a listing of the 52 corpora held
in the archive, such as the Helsinki Corpus of English Texts.

We are also planning to make it possible to search according to criteria
like date, language and text type, so that you can make your own corpus from
the texts in the archive. This is currently under development, and we will
announce it to this list when it is up and running!

Best,
Martin

__
Martin Wynne