[Corpora-List] transcribing video corpora

sciubba at uniroma3.it sciubba at uniroma3.it
Thu Nov 16 03:56:11 UTC 2006

There is also Transana, I haven't tried it yet, but it's an
open source software, so if you have special needs you can
change/upgrade the software accordingly (or have somebody
doing it for you :])

http://www.transana.org

M.Eleonora Sciubba
Ph.D student
Department of Linguistics
University of Roma Tre

> On 15 Nov 2006, at 13:57, Alex Boulton wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of any free tools which help with
transcription of
> > video corpora?
>
> In addition to the ones mentioned by others, have a look
at TASX and
> ANVIL.
> TASX did a nice job for me when we collected a multimodal
corpus in
> FASiL (and it's worked for others, too), and if I remember
correctly,
> ANVIL has been developed for and proven itself in a
DFKI-led German