[Corpora-List] transcribing video corpora

Serge HEIDEN Slh at ens-lsh.fr
Thu Nov 16 11:08:02 UTC 2006

Le Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:57 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Alex Boulton <Alex.Boulton at univ-nancy2.fr> a écrit :

> Does anyone know of any free tools which help with transcription of
> video corpora? What we would ideally like would be a kind of video
> version of Transcriber (WinPitch is a bit complicated for our needs),
> ie which allows multimedia alignment of transcription, sound & video,
> plus the usual tools for annotating etc.

You may be interested in a - somewhat old - comparison of some of
these tools at http://weblex.ens-lsh.fr/projects/xitools/logiciels/synthese.htm .
At that time, Transana was not analysed, but I would recommend it now
for its simplicity if you come from Transcriber. Note also that Transana
people can come and teach their software use to your group.

Best,
Serge