[Corpora-List] Seed patterns for Biomedical domain

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:33:46 UTC 2007

Hi, Naveed,

There are a number of papers that contain good sets of "seed patterns" for
protein-protein interactions.  For example, see any of Christian Blaschke
and Alfonso Valencia's papers from the late 1990s and early 2000s, and also
a paper by Ono et al. in Bioinformatics from 1999.  Those will mostly work
for DNA, too--Ono et al. specifically included it in their data set.  Also
check out Lorrie Tanabe's dissertation.

Cell type is a little bit tougher to find in press, but contact
helen.linguist at uchsc.edu (Helen Johnson) for some starters.

Kevin

On 11/1/07, Afzal, Naveed <N.Afzal at wlv.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for the useful seed patterns which can be used for relations
> extraction in biomedical domain (Genia Copus) using semi-supervised
> approach. Uptil now I am able to find out the following useful seed
> patterns:
>
> -Protein interacts with Protein
> -Protein binds to Protein
> -Protein induce Protein
>
> Can any one please guide me for finding other seed patterns involving
> (DNA,Cell-Type) etc.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Naveed

K. B. Cohen
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead
Center for Computational Pharmacology
303-724-7563 (office) 303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.uchsc.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen