[Corpora-List] RE : Named entity tagging data

mesfar slim mesfarslim at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 8 08:23:45 UTC 2007

Try to use the linguistic platform NooJ (cf. www.nooj4nlp.net).

  I'm working with NooJ to identify and tag named entitties by means of local grammars (finite state transducers) in French, English and Arabic.

  Slim Mesfar

Amanda Stent <stent at cs.sunysb.edu> a écrit :  We have been looking for a high-performing named entity tagger, but can't
find any that work well enough for our purposes or quickly enough (we are
batch processing lots and lots of data per day). Can someone recommend
one to us? The data we are processing is news data. We have tried
Lingpipe, GATE and OpenNLP and all have speed issues.

Thanks!

Amanda Stent