[Corpora-List] POS-tagger for Spanish

Lluis Padro padro at lsi.upc.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:57:46 UTC 2007

> I'm researching on the restrictive relative clause of learner Spanish,
> and I'm looking for POS tagger for Spanish for a while now. I've tried
> TreeTagger, but with its result only showing in DOS I don't know what
> to do with it. Are there other taggers for Spanish? Or can you give me
> some advice of how to use TreeTagger?

  You may be interested in taking a look at FreeLing
(http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~nlp/freeling).
   It offers tokenizing, sentence splitting, multiword recognition, and
many other functionalities apart from PoS tagginf itself.
   It produces results in plain text, though I don't know if that is
what you look for (I'm not sure what you mean with "results only showing
in DOS...")

       best

*Lluís Padró*
Despatx ?-S112
Campus Nord UPC
C/ Jordi Girona 1-3
08034 Barcelona, Spain 	Tel: +34 934 134 015
Fax: +34 934 137 833
padro at lsi.upc.edu <mailto:padro at lsi.upc.es>
www.lsi.upc.edu/~padro <http://www.lsi.upc.es/%7Epadro>
UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE CATALUNYA