[Corpora-List] Processing Latin texts

Dag Trygve Truslew Haug d.t.t.haug at ifikk.uio.no
Wed Apr 16 14:17:39 UTC 2008

At the University of Oslo, we are currently creating a parallel
dependency treebank consisting of the old Indo-European versions of the
New Testament: for the moment we are working on the Greek original and
the Latin, but the treebank will eventually cover the Gothic, Armenian
and Old Church Slavonic translations as well.

We have annotated 3039 sentences of Greek and 5303 sentences of Latin
and proceed at about 1000 sentences pr. week; though only 637 Greek and
409 Latin sentences have been reviewed so far. There remains some work
to do before we can 'go public', but we plan to open our site and make
available our data in a couple of weeks' time. I will announce the
opening on the list.

Dag Haug
Associate Professor of Latin
Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Arts and Ideas
PO Box 1020 Blindern
N-0315 Oslo
Norway

daghaug at ifikk.uio.no