[Corpora-List] Personality traits of Switchboard speakers

Alexander Osherenko osherenko at gmx.de
Sun Aug 23 14:07:21 UTC 2009

Thank you, Philip!

Of course, I am aware of the work by Pennebaker. However, I would like to conduct a similar study that relies not only on linguistic properties of words such as counts of pronouns but use means of data mining.

I began to work on this issue and conducted research using a small corpus with natural-language dialogues (574 turns). You can look at the results at http://caffei.iit.demokritos.gr/programme/osherenko.pdf. Now I would like to extend this study with the Switchboard data from NLTK.

For this purpose, I need descriptions of personality traits (psychological characteristics) of speakers that took part in the Switchboard conversations, similar to psychological characteristics of the SAL characters I used in my small study. For instance, character Prudence in SAL is described by words "pragmatic and practical". Finally, I can assess the yielded mathematical models of the speakers by comparing them with the descriptions as I did in the SAL study.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------