[Corpora-List] Reviewers

Anil Singh anil.phdcl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:56:06 UTC 2011

I am in favour of continuing with a peer review process (a non-blind one, as
I wrote in an earlier mail), but only as the first step in in a longer
community review process, not as the last step and the final judgement
(something that it is not, can't be, should not pretend to be and should not
even try to be). The provocation for stating that last part is the fact that
we now even have some very influential reviewers and conference organizers
trying to set up a vigilante kind of process that would ensure that if a
paper gets rejected at one place, it should get rejected everywhere else: by
sharing of information (as if about terrorists!) across these events and
their organizers. It sounded very scary to me when it was first proposed a
few years ago (as far as I know).

And it has turned out be scary.