[Corpora-List] corpora-list: publishing lists of accepted and rejected papers

Charlotte Taylor Charlotte.Taylor at port.ac.uk
Sat Oct 15 11:08:26 UTC 2011

Sure, it was my general experience of universities in Italy (I worked at
Siena University until 2009).

Charlotte

Lecturer in English Language and Linguistics
School of Languages and Area Studies
University of Portsmouth
Park Building
King Henry I Street
Portsmouth
PO1 2DZ

http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/academic/slas/staff/title,103868,en.html
023 92 846181
>>> Laurence Anthony  15/10/11 11:28 AM >>>

But, to return to the general point, I like the transparency that Ramesh
is suggesting. Also, it is not unthinkable that unsuccessful job
applicants should be listed, there are already places where job
applicants are ranked in order of how well they did in the selection
processes and that information is made publicly available.

Charlotte,

I won't comment at all on the 'timidness' of women and younger
researchers!

Can you tell us all the name of an institution that publicly announces
the ranking of unsuccessful job applicants? Just for curiosity, I am
sure that many people would like to refer to this list of rejected
applicants just to see how many people who would apply to such an
insitution. I am also sure that it would be very interesting to do a
quick check to find out where the rejected applicants now work and see
how their current employer compares with the institution that rejected
them.

Laurence.